Friday, July 21, 2006

Rudely woken up...

by an upset stomach.

Slept at midnight (yes, very early, go buy 4D) and just got rudely woken up by my stomach to go visit the loo. So decided to blog, haven't updated for a while.

My schedule is full of work related stuff. I'm not entirely "busy", well nothing compared to last month anyway, but there's still plenty of stuff to clear up, especially since it HAS to be done before i get to australia first thing in august.

I've been telling most that i'd be bored in australia. it's not that i don't find my family interesting, but i guess no matter how i try to deny/avoid/act blur, the reason is because i'd be going alone. for some reason, when i see/hear/smell something wonderful while travelling, enjoying it alone isn't my cup of tea. i'll have my camera with me, but i'd drop that for someone who can snuggle up to me and say "i'm so glad to be here with you".

which reminds me, i have the intention to write when i'm there since i foresee plenty of time doing nothing, however i'd love a laptop with more than 15 mins batt life (now u know how long my lappy lasts without juice from the wall) so i can type my stories out. technology pampers. i guess it's good ol' pen and paper for me. see how lar. i have that Two Worlds story to complete, if anyone remembers and have read my blog long enough. if anyone wonders, the story draws certain reference to Jean. memories of interactions with her are still pretty fresh in my mind, let's see if they can be personified by my pen among the chilly winds of sydney harbour.

another "scattered thoughts" post. i need to sleep after this. i dun see a need to stay up feeling like shit (physically and emotionally).

things i will do when i get to australia:

have long half hour showers with extremely hot water.

yes seriously, that was not a joke. i spent a GREAT DEAL of time under the shower during winter in the years i spent in australia, just standing there, thinking. i plan my life in the shower. i get eurekas as to what i should do with my life. i feel more than physically refreshed after a hot shower in winter.

try having a half hour HOT shower in singapore. u'll come out feeling you don't wanna live anymore. does that mean i haven't been planning my life for the last few years i have been here. hmm intersting. maybe....

just the other day i was talking to Pat, about how "God provides". He does... this is an awfully quiet month as it's approaching 7th month, which i am glad, as it gives me time to recover from the utter madness of june, and incidentally, Pena decided to open 4 new couters holding two new brands. so it kinda works out, but no matter how you put it, quiet months, with no or little shoots can never be TOTALLY good, and so what happens, God throws a couple of jobs to me just to tide me over. Simple, easy and hassle free, with a decent payout. Nothing too artistic required, what we call "shoot for money" rather than "shoot for the love of life" but hey, there is plenty of need for such a service. but i digress. i thank God for his providence.

While i'm thanking God, i'd like to thank a few people too (it's good to count your blessings when you're feeling F'ed up):

Adrian and Wendy for always including me in their life, see you Sunday for that movie!

Shervon for always staying in touch and diligently looking out for good airfares for me!

PC for being a great (ex) boss and friend, despite occasional outbursts (rarely now), really does understand my priorities, very caring and gives good advice too.

My parents for their enthusiasm in my trip to australia. mama can't wait, while daddy actually emailed me to say that if i really cannot get away from work, i shouldn't force myself (men understand work comes first). well, i can get away from work, as i intend to do it all b4 the time comes, but maybe not as enthused because of the above mentioned reason but there's no way in my life i can miss my brother having his first child, and my dad turning 60! what sort of sinner would i be to miss those??? and i do need that break lar, whether i want it or not.

Feow for staying in touch and inviting me out and playing "match maker", she's so cute! hmm haven't heard from her for about a week? i better drop her an sms now..

Valerie for making me happy, passively.

Rosy for thinking so highly of me, I can't wait to meet you!

Jas for her recent entry about me, wahhhh so honoured~~~~!~ bleah...

Pat for being so easy to talk to, who has a strength that even i'd admire, in a girl.

Mark for always being so open and inviting, i especially remember coincidentally meeting you and terene while pat and i were looking for dinner, and you invited us to join you and after that spent some time at your place, your hospitality is first class, even at a moment's notice.

ok... u know what, i feel like i've left alot of pple out.. if i remember i'll continue.

sleep i must.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, you're a doll! I'm so honoured you thought of me after taking a sh*t :P Seriously though, sorry I haven't been in touch lately. Been so busy, I haven't even bought that hair curler yet!

Well, actually, even if I bought it, my hair's too short to curl now... I cut it into a bob this time :P Don't worry, I'm still VAINPOT :P

Long hair =/= more femininity, by the way...

Yes, I'm still gonna matchmake you. Just because I'm busy doesn't mean I'll neglect my "sideline" which is actually my main calling & I'm in the wrong industry.

Till then, stay cute, bubbly & charming!!! And next time, I do hope to be thought of in more glamourous situations rather than in the loo :P

Ciao bambino!

Who? said...

What a "thank you" speech... U'll have some rest and fun in AU.. dont think so much lah. Take the chance while you can... How I wish I get to getaway for a while.. And to somewhere where I still know somebody...

Thanks for being the 'listening ear' everytime I rant on MSN.. Altho we always type each other's shit together.. It gets blur sometimes...

Jonathan Ho said...

feow :

ur main calling is neither claims nor matchmaking. it's verbal diarrhoeaing.. if there's such a word. well nvm, u can be the inventor of that word then!

and i did not think of u after having a sh*t... it was DURING the sh*t.. get ur facts right, sheila!! hahaha =PP

i'm gonna get so hammered for that...

Anonymous said...

Wei, wei, wei....excuse me *taps shoulder* wa ley? :-(

just kidding nia lah.