Friday, April 14, 2006

Some revelations

Had some news tonight that apparently the best wedding photographer in singapore (in my opinion - click here) wants to meet me. Well not just me, he wants to gather a few of us to work together for mutual benefits such as cutting costs and promoting the general wedding photography scene in Singapore.

Apparently, alot of people in the industry has expressed interest in knowing who I really am. I don't think I'm being boastful here, as the rest of this post will say why.

I'm actually pressured!!! Yes, i like my work, it brings me joy, and i guess more or less, it's about how i see myself, and within my own bubble, i'm confident and ready to keep going. but when i compare myself to people like chi kuang from 39east, i feel i'm a far cry from his level of photography. his images are engaging, powerful and artistic at the same time, and dare i say, all the time! that i wouldn't know for sure, but i'm led to believe so.

I'm under the scrutiny of the cream of wedding photographers, and while it's flattering, it's also very pressurising. not that it's a bad thing, pressure can push u forward, but i never really knew this was the case, that i'm being compared to the top. full time for less than a year, having shot about 100 weddings and ROMs, which is not alot at all, i've reached this stage. it's good, and up goes the ante.

the hill gets steep again. it's gonna be hard to keep shooting beyond my personal best. it's exciting yet daunting. there's surely no way i'm gonna stop now, but the road ahead is coming up fast and i have to be ready for it. am i?

once again i want to thank those who have encouraged me in one way or another. no names here, but there has been numerous occasions where friends, customers and fellow photographers have expressed admiration for my work and encouragement to go further. to these people, my sincere thanx and i hope that if i seem to be going backwards, you have the right to use my 70-200VR to clobber me over my head (but pls, not my right index finger!). if you don't know wat that is, nvm, just get a baseball bat, same feeling, just less expensive!

what a wonderful feeling, to be part of the cream on the cake. on top. i have to do whatever it takes to stay there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do your best!

Elsa said...

U have come so far. Just believe in yourself. You can do it.

Jonathan Ho said...

thanx yy and elsa! =)