Monday, February 05, 2007

I'm good...

yes i know, it's not the most modest of titles, but it's from the heart that i speak today...

as some of u might know, i'm working on my new website together with my designer, Geoff. Long story how from Shih Han it became Geoff, and not the point of this entry.

as the website gets built, i got lost in all the technicalities of the website, this doesn't align, that has too much empty space, this looks wierd, can you move that across a few pixels, the buttons are ugly and doesn't fit the theme of the whole site blah blah blah..

for WEEKS we have been tweaking it, and Geoff's a little slower than usual because he has a full time job to concentrate on, explains why this project has been dragged over a couple of months.

tonight i went to check out the website again, as geoff updates it whenever he has time and i will just go and see wat chages he has done. but instead of being nit picky and making the whole website "perfect" i decided to go thru the galleries that have been loaded... every single image.. and i said to myself... "I'm good".

I see each image, and i remember exactly why i took it, and how i felt when i shot it, and it reminds me of what happened, why it happened and why pple were laughing, crying or smiling at the time the shot was taken. I remember the couple, i remember their day, i remember thier love. I have proven that my images have the power to bring you back to the moments they were taken. that is why i say i am good.

now the tough part... how the hell i am going to maintain or even improve that is beyond me. a high stardard is hard to keep, and harder to improve on. when i went thru the images, i liked wat i saw, but this nagging voice asks "can u carry on doing this?"

if ever i talk about this topic i'm so passionate about again, and the answer is "yes" i will definitely let u know. let me go and find out the answer to that question.

so... the website... it's already perfect. we are just putting the cherry on top.

2 comments:

peapilot said...

hey I came upon your blog from clubsnap forums and am surprised you're a biker too. I'm also a bike and photography fan. Just wanted to tell you I love your work and wished I found your blog before my sister got married. (just last month!) Keep up the great work!

Jonathan Ho said...

hi bliz, i'm no biker lar.. just bought a bike that gets used less than it should! hehe.. thank you for your comments and encouragement! =)