Thursday, June 14, 2007

New toy!!

Ok, impulse buy again, got the ricoh gx100. i was telling james about it one day, and the next couple of days i got it liow.. and he was like HAR SO FAST???

well i told him, the ricoh decision was done in 2 days. the need for a useable camera that doesn't weigh 50kg has been around for 50 years... or so. =P

anywayz, less talk more pics. i HOPE i can start shooting "crap" more now. i miss that u know... i remember when i first got my digicam, it went everywhere with me everyday for the first 6 months..

i will be using this camera for b/w shots mainly.. and here's the first few "test shots"... =)


no i didn't use this card to pay for it.. it was another!! =P


i've always loved ryan's expressions..


while stopped at the traffic lights!


Rex!!!

ok update about rex.. he barks too much and more or less it's prob due to the lack of attention. will have to do something about it... cos the neighbours will complain...

I'm actually at my dentist now and it has a "built in internet cafe" for patients to use.. so i guess if u're hacking and wheezing with TB u might feel better if u can come online to chat with ur frens on msn. how nice!!! =)

did my new IC today too.. 1 year and 18 days late. and i had to write a declaration explaining why it took me so long to get it done. i essentially wrote "i was busy". period.

altho i don't wanna be, but if u wanna fine me, just do. if not, don't. what's the declaration for? i just wrote three words! like that also shiok? i'm never gonna turn 30 again to have to change my IC. when's the next age to change IC anyway?

but the experience there was quite the pits. when i took my passport photo, the aunty there insisted that my hair was too long for the photo. after checking with her colleague next to here, to which the reply was "can lah!" she still insisted for me to get some water and comb my hair behind my ears, nag nag nag nag. i just stared at her and said, just take the photo, ur job is not to regulate it. for $5.25 you sure are "helpful".

i was pissed off becos firstly, the "second opinion" already said it was alright. secondly, you want me to use some pissy dirty comb to touch my hair? thirdly, you know the typical chinese aunty.. they come across as very.. i dunno the word.. how about KIAM PAH?

and then i thot to myself.. alot of these "aunties" i meet at weddings, being the relatives of the brides or grooms that i shoot. how is it that i can mainly get along with them at such occasions, but not at ICA? so then i thot, perhaps pple act differently when put in different situations (mainly true i feel) and quickly dismissed any thoughts as i thot, it's just a damn passport photo, why get all phylosophical over it?

i even thot of sim wong hoo in "NUTS". the working mentality. but really wat it is to her if my NRIC photo "fails". and oh.. better yet.. she isn't even the one taking the damn photo. she was just COLLECTING MONEY to issue me a coupon b4 i go to the booth.

i shoulda taken a photo of her with my gx. ahhaha...

ok waiting to go in to get my teeth raped.. er i mean cleaned by my dentist. nooooo.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love my gx100 too. :D

Jonathan Ho said...

yeah.. but how do i keep it from getting knocked on door frames or chairs or cars when i'm walking ard with it in my cargo pants pocket?

ok dun asnwer that.. hehehe enjoy ur camera too! =)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you perfectly. People do have different faces for different occasions.