Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Reflections on turning full time #1

Haven't had a chance to pen down my thoughts since being a full time photographer.

Before I start rambling off, I need to thank Wendy (natty) for helping me come up with my brand, expressively jOhO. This brand will go a long way, hopefully. Thank you girl, you're such a pleasure to talk to, then, and now!

Ok now, for the rambles, not quite sure where to start.

It's been a great year so far, i never expected to be this busy. At first i was very worried, but then not overly that it affected my hope for a better ahead. Before CNY it was really quiet, but after CNY i suddenly got hit by a tonne of bricks and bookings have been coming in more than i have expected.

Sometimes i do wonder what sells. The images, or the personality. Most would concur that it's a mixture of both. So both have to do well for this to succeed. Images, generally, get better with time, and that's what i strive to do without question, but personality, i think i've been myself thus far, and will continue to do so. I remember saying to a customer "there's no way i can shoot for you if you don't like me. so... do you like me?" ahhahaha.. i can't remember the context, but it was something like that. she booked me, so i guess she liked me! good girl, you made the right choice!

Adrian has been a great support. He seems to have more confidence in me than anyone else in this world. It was almost as if when i told him i was going full time, that he could see this being a success. Success is not just money, heck, if any of you know me well enough, money does NOT drive me. not enuff, yes, worry, but never will i chase it for the sake of "more is better". Thank you bro for the confidence that constantly drives me, in one way or another.

Thanks also go to Willy for giving me the opportunity to work together under Live! Studios. I look forward to working with you much closer in future, and let's see how we can take over the world, LIVE!!!!! ok maybe not, but you get my drift.

KNS.. this sounds like a grammy award speech. wtf...

you guys getting bored yet? Yes? too bad, go help yourself to the cold prata in the kitchen!

Well, i guess enuff from me tonite. going forward, i need to have better time management and clear my shoots in a more timely manner. Those that catch me procrastinating, please remind me: Your images lose power if they sit in your hard drive unprocessed for too long, becos you start to lose the feel of what happened when you shot it.

It's true. photography is about feel. it is not just my work, but all of me.

No comments: