Monday, March 20, 2006

Reporting from Ipoh!

Por Por's funeral was... well.. i was gonna say normal, but i guess i haven't attended enuff funerals to know wat's normal, so i guess i won't comment.

I'm glad however to see ALL my mum's side auntys and uncles all under the same roof. i think the last time that happened was like donkey years ago. it's ironic, some of them even live in singapore now and i dun even see them! i think i better get more involved in family activities, altho my universal excuse is that my parents aren't in sg so usually if parents don't go then the kids go for fuck rite? well i guess i'm not really "my parents' son" anymore but rather an entity on my own and i should keep these family ties.

dunno wtf i'm talking about also.

can u believe this, two of my younger cousins Justin and Alvin are on either side of me watching the screen as i type at this internet cafe. i think they are amazed at the speed i can type at. eh, this is slow liow, i'm not used to this crappy keyboard!

the weather here is like shit lor. it's so frigging hot, even in an air con room. and i slept so little, kept vigil at the wake till 6am, slept for 2 hours then funeral starting liow. afternoon slept only 3 hours cos it was too bloody hot. now i ducked out with my cousins so i can blow air con in my car!!! depesperate times calls for desperate measures.

hope for a safe drive tomorrow.. will be following my uncle, so i guess it's safer to drive in a group. and it'll be in the day time.

it's been a good break despite the heat. at least for once, i can just relax one corner with the knowledge that even if i wanted to work i can't, so my as well just dun think about it. that's why i say, if i wanna rest, i have to LEAVE the country. sadness.

well hong kong's coming at the end of the month!!! =)

oh.. took photos of the wake, dun think i'll post them up, didn't take pics of the funeral tho.. cos i was in "mourning attire" so mama and i decided it wasn't appropriate. some of my aunties were pretty hysterical. =(

wow.. i am seldom so "reportive" in my posts... i guess this will help me remember an occasion which will never happen again.

I remember YQ's blog has a quote with each entry... i might start that habit from this entry.

"Your 'worth-it-ness' is determined by me..."

No comments: