Sunday, January 29, 2006

CNY - lowdown again!

Here we go, the CNY post where I, again, miss the festivities of family gossip, aunties bitching, uncles bragging, cousins flirting, and babies screaming. yu sheng as appetizer, steam boat as main course and bak kua as dessert. (shit, where does the pineapple tarts come in? gotta refine the menu liow...)

BUT! I don't miss my childhood days as much because I had the pleasure of knowing Adrian and his family. I'm touched and even though this is not spoken but I am very happy that they have "accepted" me in their family for this chinese new year for reunion dinner. Even adrian's father that seldom speaks much (not to me anyway) managed a few one-liners here and there, enjoyed our brief conversations! Aunty was great, preparing all day for dinner, and I ate like a king. Wonderful family. Wonderful brother i have!

I remember him saying to me, between brothers, there are "no thank yous, and no sorrys". Yes bro I remember you saying that. But still, thanks are in order, it always is, and it won't hurt to say it once in a while. Of course, we never ever want to say "sorry". so far so good. Thank you bro!

Family ties are kinda wierd. Family are always around, and you kinda assume they'll always be around, and some families hope that some members will go soon! ahaha.. but end up.. during CNY, they all come together. They eat, they wish each other prosperity and peace. I want to wish my family too, but as most of you would know, i'm a little physically far from them, the closest being my "lok yee" which i will visit tomorrow, as per yearly tradition.

As for mama and daddy, well, they hardly celebrate CNY now. even when i was still in australia, it was never a special occasion. i guess the festivities are not so happening there, but i do remember going to the temple on chu xi (yes there are chinese temples in australia) as a uni student to go and BEO CHAR BOH!! it was fun, drive all the way there (was about 45 mins drive) just to see girls from all over brisbane go there offering to the gods with their parents... ahhaha.

Another person to thank for making me feel a sense of belonging is Jean. thank you for listening to me all night, and i just remembered, who's supposed to be giving who tuition!?? ahhaha.. seldom student talk more than teacher one leh.. what's wrong with you!

anyway, here's you with a peaceful moment. it was a peaceful moment behind the viewfinder too.

POTD:



You asked me a difficult question to answer last nite. I said I'll get back to you on that. I promise I will. You have a difficult situation to handle too, and perhaps i would not be involved except to listen if you talk about it. Enjoy your angpow collection these two days!

Happy CNY to all!

No comments: